High Quality Sports Facility
Roadstone Group Sports Club and Shamrock Rovers FC entered into a joint venture to construct the Shamrock Rovers Juniors Academy facilities at the Roadstone Group Sports Club grounds at Kingswood, Dublin 24.
The development consisted of the following:
- construction of a new all-weather artificial grass playing pitch to FIFA Quality Pro standard.
- Site development works including land drainage, diversion of overhead electrical lines, fencing, floodlighting & the construction of access paths with Ambulance access catered for.
- Re-alignment and re-surfacing of existing natural grass pitches.
- Re-configuration of existing Pitch & Putt course to accommodate the proposed development.
- Master-planning of the Shamrock Rovers Training Academy facility including dressing rooms, classrooms, gyms and associated facilities.
The development is located within the existing Roadstone Group Sports Club. Throughout the project, the facility which included a pitch & putt course, sports-halls, bar & restaurant and playing pitches were to be kept open for use by members. Constraints in terms of site compound and separation of the construction site from the public / members was carefully thought out and successfully implemented.
The constructed facility in Kingswood was officially opened by Dr Katherine Zappone, Minister for Children and Youth Affairs and John Delaney, CEO Football Association of Ireland in March 2017.