Wind Farm and associated ESB Contestable Build Grid Works
The project involved the construction of 3 windfarms with 15 Enercon Turbines, 3 No. 20kV Substations and associated access tracks, crane hardstands and upgrade to public roads.
As part of the development the ESB 38kV Blanchfield Substation and associated overhead and underground grid connections were constructed as Contestable Build for takeover by ESB.
The project was developed as a joint venture between 3 companies with Gaelectric developments acting as the lead developer.
The project was changeling from a Project Management perspective due to the sheer numbers of stakeholders involved, the geographical spread of the works and changes to planning and environment law due to court precent which occurred over the life of the development.
DRA Consulting Engineers provided owner project manager services including: –
- Overall Project Programming and Budgeting
- Monthly reporting to stakeholders
- Technical due diligence
- Planning, Building Regulation, H&S and Environmental Regulation compliance
- Land access & lease agreement mapping and coordination
- Construction contract preparation
- Coordination of multiple construction contracts
- Appointment of D&B contractors
- Construction monitoring and reporting
- Claims and dispute management
- Statutory Undertaker liaison and liaison with JV companies, ESBN, Local Authorities, landowners and other stakeholders
- Geotechnical Site Investigations and review
- Traffic Management Plans and coordination
- Road Opening License Applications